Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Dreary

Skies were overcast this morning. Things felt a bit dreary. But really, there is still some nice color out along the powerlines. The blueberry bushes and blackberry brambles a deep maroon color. A few late purple asters shining against the turning brush. A few brilliant red maple leaves. Golden ferns. I got in 5 miles on the Homeplace loop. Legs felt a bit stiff after Monday's 18 and yesterday's day off, but not bad.

It's been a busy few days in the Team Snowplug household. A birthday yesterday, and an anniversary today. Happy Lucky 13, Ryan! Can't think of anyone else with whom I'd want to live, laugh and do crazy endurance feats :-) And certainly can't think of anyone else who would put up with me and all my quirks for so many years! Love you!

We celebrated both days last night with a dinner out at Frontier. Sammy's choice (well, OK, mine too!).YUM!

Birthday sweet potato fries! Yum!

2 comments:

pathfinder said...

those fries look like I can reach out grab a few right off the screen...they look delicious

Sparkplug said...

Oh, they are delicious all right! I think I ate about half of the plate :-)