Sunday, October 7, 2012

Shifts

Last night, Ryan offered up the option of me running on Monday morning instead of today, giving me the chance to rest up for another day before getting in my long run. I felt pretty horrible last night - I was just so tired - so it was an easy decision, and almost instantly, I felt better once it was decided I would just have to do a short run and then we would go apple picking this morning instead of having me go out for a 3 hour run. I am really lucky to have Ryan supporting me in my running - thanks honey!! :-) It makes all the difference!

I wish I could say got 8 solid hours of sleep last night, but alas that was not to be. Still, it was a better night than the one before, and I woke up feeling more like my normal self. The thermometer was reading only 44 degrees, and so when I headed out, I wore both tights and a long sleeve shirt. I was happy to have on both. The air was brisk and it truly felt like fall. I ran down to the river and back again, but felt so much better than yesterday! The bridges were still slick, but it was a great morning to be out. Crisp and clear, and just so fall. Lovely. I stopped and rescued a little red eft from the middle of our street out near Rt 201 - what he was doing there I have no idea, but I couldn't leave him! He would have gotten squished for sure. Also lots and lots of little sparrows in and around the brush, but other than that, the woods were quiet, and I had the trail, the babbling river and the falling leaves to myself.

We headed to Broadway Deli for brunch after I got back from my run, and I enjoyed some delicious pumpkin blueberry pancakes. Yum! Then on to the apple orchard! We picked some apples, and got a few pumpkins from the pumpkin patch, along with the requisite pumpkin molasses donut (not quite as good as Frosty's but still tasty!) before Sam and I headed down to Portland to watch Morgan's soccer game. A full day, and a very autumn-y one for sure!

Wagon ride!

Pulling the wagon herself

Picking apples with Daddo

Out into the orchard

Boo!

Fall apples


1 comment:

mindy said...

I'm finally getting caught up on blog reading. What a perfect autumn day! Glad you guys had a nice vacation. Stinks about the sleep, though :( I can imagine that's getting fairly old. You're getting in some great runs, though. You'll be more than ready for Stone Cat!