Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Back to Reality

Yesterday was a travel day. We left my parent's house at 8:30am, and didn't get home until around 4:30pm. Sam once again traveled really well, and even serenaded those in the seats around us on the airplane with a few nursery rhyme songs. Ha! We got a few comments from passengers on the way out of the plane, but they were all nice :-) Both Sam and I fell asleep on the ride home from Boston - something about traveling tires me out, and the pizza I ate during take-off somehow didn't sit well in my stomach, so it was nice to just rest for a bit in the car. I woke up feeling a bit better, and so after dinner and putting Sam down for bed, had the energy to help clean up the downstairs (how does it get so dirty when we're not home for a week?!), make dinner for tonight and get organized a bit for our return to reality today.

The cats were very excited we were home, and although everyone settled down fairly easily to sleep, Ronnie couldn't help but make his presence known in the middle of the night, licking my face and arm, and wanting to cuddle up down in the blankets. Then Gigi woke up and wanted to cuddle. And Sam was up around 2:30. So, anyway, it was a restless end of the night. Luckily, we all slept in, which is always a welcome change, although it meant my plans for trying to get out and run before I dropped Sam off at daycare didn't quite pan out. Oh well, that's not much of a surprise :-)

I did manage to sneak in a quick run before heading up to work, but only had time for a short 3 miles on the powerlines. Still, it was nice to get out and stretch my legs, even if just for a bit, and to enjoy the nice crisp morning air and enjoy the turning leaves as I ran along. Not to mention, it was nice to get back on the familiar trails after a week of running on pavement!

3 comments:

middle.professor said...

hahahaha! seranade. I am sure that's how the neighboring passengers though of it.

Sparkplug said...

I know, it was slightly embarrassing but hey, at least she wasn't crying hysterically!

pathfinder said...

I wouldn't have been embarrassed at all....something about the innocence of young children that causes most people to smile
They are not afraid to be themselves........something we all should be willing to re-learn