Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Easy Three

My plan for this week is simple. A few short and sweet runs to recover from both Sunday's 25k and what was a pretty tiring week last week. With that in mind, I planned to head out for a 3 miler this morning after dropping Sam off at daycare. I came home to find Ryan all suited up in his running clothes - guess I was going to have a partner for this morning's run! Cool. I know Ryan has been frustrated by this sinus infection, and I was glad he was starting to feel good enough to want to get out for a run! He told me I needed to go easy on him, but honestly, in the first mile at least, I was doing all I could to just keep up with him :-) My legs were still feeling pretty stiff and tired, but as we ran along, I was feeling better and better.

Right before we headed out, I helped Ryan set his Garmin to automatically record the mile splits. I had finally did a google search to see if I could figure out how to do that last week, and was happy to have it work like a charm during the 25k! I had always figured there must be a way to automatically have the splits recorded but just hadn't sat down to look at the instructions. Thank goodness for google! It worked on Ryan's Garmin too, and today's splits read like a nice negative split: 9:10, 8:36, 8:23.

3 comments:

N.D. said...

I think my garmin was set up like that automatically - it's an awesome feature. Thanks for your feedback on my calories, I have no idea. I can never figure it out!

Sparkplug said...

Natalie, this is sort of an interesting link: http://www.livestrong.com/article/252240-what-are-the-average-daily-calories-for-women/. But like you said, who the heck knows?! Good luck :-) I am always so impressed with all the working out you do with your two little ones! awesome!!

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Glad to hear you're back on the trails so quick, and Ryan is off his nose and on his feet again!