Saturday, June 4, 2011

Beautiful!

What a perfect morning! Only 49 degrees when I headed out the door at 7:30 for a short run through Highland Green. The sky was blue as blue can be, with no clouds in sight. There was a slight breeze, and the air felt cool and dry. I wanted to feel perfectly wonderful to go along with the great running weather, but I could still feel a bit of general fatigue as I ran along. I'm planning to keep the mileage for next week pretty low too, but hope I can bounce back into some solid training after that, and feel good!

When I got home, just a half hour later, the iris outside the door had started to open, their deep purple flowers unfurling before my eyes. I took a quick shower, and at Sam's request, we went outside while Ryan went for his run. We drew on the sidewalk with some chalk, picked up leaves, ran up and down the sidewalk, stomped in some muddy puddles, and met one of the neighbor's dog. At that point, Sam decided she had had enough of walking around on her own, and so I walked around with her in my arms until Ryan came running up to us at the end of his run. Then it was time for me to head off to work. Sigh. Oh well, at least it was a fun outside morning! :-)

No comments: