Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Evening Fun

Another week, another evening run.

Sam slept terribly last night, which means none of us slept well. After a number of wake-ups, she ended up sleeping until 7:45, and we did too, which totally threw off our morning routine. I didn't drop her off at daycare until close to 9:00, so there was no time to run. I headed straight to the farmer's market (Priorities, people! Fresh strawberries and veggies are totally necessary :-) ) and then up to work. While I was sitting at my desk, I decided I might as well run tonight. It's going to be a crazy end of the week for me with work stuff, so getting a run in today would make things a bit less stressful (I hope) later on.

Sam was in bed early, and I headed out the door at 6:45. There was a nice breeze blowing, and while the temp was reading 70 degrees, it seemed much cooler. Maybe it was just in comparison to the past few days, but regardless, it made me happy! Things were pretty quiet along the way, with only the birds and crickets keeping me company, and a few pesky deer flies buzzing around my head, spurring me to run faster in a futile attempt to escape them. A hare hopped across my path around halfway, its brown form loping across the road. I felt a bit stiff in the first mile, but warmed up as I ran along. The past two runs I've felt a bit like I was running through concrete, so I made the conscious decision to push the pace a bit, just to see if I still could. Besides it would get me home to dinner sooner :-) I managed to run the last three miles at 8:00 pace, so the legs can still turn over, which is nice to know!

1 comment:

N.D. said...

sounds like a good run, that you managed to fit in on a non routine type of day!