Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Speedwork, Take #2

Second verse, same as the first.

Except with Ryan this time. And slightly faster mile times. But the same loop and same idea. 1 mile warm up, 3 miles at ~7:30, and 1 mile cool down.

Ryan is finally back to running this week, and so last night I asked him if he wanted to keep me company on my tempo run this morning. He agreed, so after I dropped Sam off at daycare this morning, we headed out together for the run. Although it didn't feel super warm out, the humidity was certainly higher today than it has been the past few days, and I felt tired from the start. Sam's bottom molars are breaking through, and last night, she was up at 2am, having a full-on conversation with me as if it was morning. "Hi! Ronnie? Ronnie! Gigi? Daddo? Addie! Sammie! Annie!" "Sam, it's sleepy time." "Mama? Ronnie?" This kid has too much energy, I tell you! Luckily, she did go back to sleep though.

So anyway... the run... The overall time was a bit slower than last week's (39:48), but the middle three miles were faster. Ryan's Garmin ended up reading: 8:57; 7:23; 7:26; 7:22; 8:38. I felt like I was working really hard in that final "fast" mile, while next to me, Ryan was running along all tra-la-la, happy, happy, "Relax! Only one hill left," as I labored away. I don't know whether to love him or hate him for helping me push a bit more out there, but really, he could have at least made it look like it was hard for him too! :-)

~
And speaking of the kiddo, here are a few recent photos of her loving her new toys - a sandbox out back, and a little table inside just for her! She even knows how to sit herself in the chair, although she's too small to just back up to it, so she has to kneel on it and then finagle her way to sitting. It is just adorable! She is getting so grown up :-)
Coloring at her new table

Happy kiddo!

Sandbox fun

Sand, sand, everywhere!

1 comment:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Speed work huh? It felt kinda hot out there today, I can't imagine having to run fast... Strong work!