Friday, June 17, 2011

Hot, Tired and Thirsty

Last night, just as I was going to bed around 9:30, Sam woke up with night terrors (or maybe just a nightmare, but whatever it was was certainly upsetting her!). Poor little thing. She was screaming like crazy, and practically was hyperventilating once we got her out of the crib. Ryan and I sat with her in our room for a while while she calmed down. Even Ronnie was concerned. He jumped up on the bed with us and kept licking her arm. It took a while, but I was finally able to get her back so sleep. I had a restless night of sleep once I finally got myself to bed, and then I woke up to Sam chatting away in her crib at 5:30. By 5:45, she was tired of talking to herself, so I got up with her. She seemed to be feeling no after-effects of last night's troubled sleep, and was her happy, cheery self. In fact, she was super excited to be going to school for the day - she kept saying her friend's names - "Addie! Annie! Sammie!" - over and over. I am not sure if Sammie was in reference to herself, or to the little boy in her class whose name is Sam, but regardless, it was super cute :-)

After I dropped her off at daycare, I shot back home and headed right out the door for my run. I headed out to run the Homeplace loop, and immediately realized it was going to be a bit of a draggy run. I felt tired, hot and thirsty almost immediately. Oh well. I just kept on chugging. Despite not feeling the best, it was a pretty morning to be out. I scared up a turkey along the side of the trail, and saw the resident towhees and catbirds along the way. The indian paintbrush and other more summery flowers are starting to come up in the grasses, and I saw a few pretty Monarch butterflies floating around too. Glad to have gotten the run in and to finish out the week with 30 miles. I'll be happy to take a rest day tomorrow though!

2 comments:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Very impressive how you're able to juggle so much and still enjoy runs!

Sparkplug said...

Thanks Jeremy! I try :-)