Monday, May 30, 2011

Cathance Wander, Midday Waddle & A Weekend In Pictures

We took a walk with Sam this morning down to the Cathance River. We parked at the Ecology Center, and she walked all the way down to the water by herself. We took the shortest route, but it was at least a 1/2 mile or so. She had a blast, although honestly, she had more fun stopping and digging in the dirt and gravel :-) Oh, and flinging it everywhere, including all over her head! She got a ride back on Daddo's back in the Ergo, after which we came home and gave her a quick bath before naptime. After she was asleep, I headed out for a short and slow 3-miler. It was 12:30, and the thermometer was reading 81 degrees. In the shade. Aie. I figured it was going to be a relatively painful run, but thought I'd likely also feel a bit better after stretching out my legs for a few miles. I started hobbling down the street, with my quads sore, as I ran what Ryan has dubbed the "Suck Loop." I'd say it lived up to its name today, but only because I was sore, and tired, and I was dumb enough to be out running on a route without shade in the heat of day, on one of the hottest days so far this year. My legs did feel a bit better after I finished, but I think I'll take a rest day tomorrow :-)

~

My parents were in town this weekend to help us out, and it was great to see them. Thanks so much guys! We really appreciate it, and Sam had lots of fun with "Nini" and "Pipi":-) Here are a few shots from the weekend, most of them courtesy, as usual, of my parents!

Drawing with Nani at LLBean

Reading with Mama

Fun with a cardboard box

Walking with Pip

Relaxing with Nani

Bubbles!

With Auntie Kristen, at Pineland

Race-side entertainment

Awww!

Swinging!

Headed down to the river,  gravel and dirt in hand

Sam and Daddo along the Cathance

On the move!

Drawing with Morgan while we wait for lunch

Bounce bounce!

2 comments:

mindy said...

Glad to hear Miss Samantha is feeling better and love that she loves the trail. Hope to catch up and run soon??

Sparkplug said...

Thanks Mindy! Yes, we're very happy she's feeling better and that she so loves "outside" :-) We should definitely meet up soon! Hope you're feeling good after your 22 miles this weekend!