Friday, May 20, 2011

Mishmash

A random smattering of thoughts from this morning ~

This morning, when Sam and I got in the car to go to daycare, I realized I hadn't turned off the radio last night. Typically when we are in the car, I don't have the radio on. We "talk" to each other - naming and pointing out body parts, going through our animal noises, singing "ABC", etc. But, today, the David Gray disc that has been in my CD player for forever was playing, and was at the end of one of the tracks. After a few seconds, the song stopped, and I heard the chirp of "more more" from the backseat, which continued until the next song came on. Turns out that Sam is just as happy to listen to me sing along, horribly off-key, to David Gray, as she is to listen to me recite "Row row row your boat" over and over and over. Thank goodness for small favors :-)

~

Sam's newest trick is backing up to, and sitting down on, her little yellow stool. It is too cute. And even better, as she backs up, she says "beep beep beep." Adorable :-)

~

I will be appealing over the next few days to the forces that be that I not get whatever it is that Ryan currently has. When I left for work this morning, he was still in bed, shivering and with a wicked sore throat. Ugh. Poor guy. I hope this passes soon, and I really hope that I don't get it! (Or Sam. She is fine. The source of this one must be from somewhere else). The next week at work is busy busy busy, my parents are coming to visit at the end of the week, and of course, Pineland is next Sunday! Must be healthy. Must be healthy.

~

I got out for a quick, mellow 3 mile run this morning. I ran the short Highland Green loop in the fog and mist. Despite that, spring goes on, and the colors are popping everywhere. The bleeding heart in my garden has gorgeous pink flowers; the blueberry bells are in full bloom along the powerlines; the purple and white violets are everywhere; the grass is lush and green. A little bit of sun and things will really be going crazy!

No comments: