Saturday, May 28, 2011

Into the Mist

Turns out Sam has a double ear infection and croup (!). Ugh. Poor kid. The cough is pretty horrible, harsh and deep, and it makes her cry. This means that whenever she coughs in the night, she cries, and either wakes herself up or just goes on crying in her sleep. It is heart breaking. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do except to ride it out, give her ibuprofin and tylenol for the pain and wait for the cough to get better. Oh, and hope that the antibiotics for the ear infection kick in soon too. Needless to say, it has been a rough week. And none of us have been getting much sleep. This does not an ideal taper week make.

I got out for a quick 3-miler this morning around 6:15am. Sam had just fallen back to sleep, and although crawling back into bed sounded nice, I thought a run might clear my head, get me ready for a long day at work, and help me relieve a little bit of the stress I've gathered up over the past few days. A light mist was falling, with low clouds hugging the treeline. The heavy air seemed to weigh me down, and made me think that the warmer temps and humidity are certainly going to be a factor tomorrow. I can't say the run did much to make me feel like I will be able to find another gear for the race tomorrow, but I will do my best!

All this being said, I am certainly looking forward to being out there tomorrow - Ian and Erik, and all the volunteers, do such a great job putting on these races, and it is such a fun atmosphere! So many of our friends will be out running, and I can't wait to see what the Trail Monsters will do on the trails tomorrow!!

No comments: