Saturday, May 14, 2011

Morning Five

This morning, before I headed to work, Ryan and I traded off Sam duties with run time, so I was out the door at 7:30 to get in my 5 miler. I ran the powerlines for a rather uneventful, but decent, out-and-back. I finally saw "my" Towhee - I've been hearing him for a few weeks now, but haven't gotten a look at him until this morning - as well as the cardinal I saw the other day, plus a number of goldfinch flitting about. Also saw my first ladyslipper of the season! A lone plant, its flower was still firmly encased in its green shell, but regardless, it was unmistakably a ladyslipper. Several hobblebush were in bloom as well, the first I've noticed this year.

When I got home, I took a quick shower, and played with Sam while Ryan was out for his run. After I left for the day, the two of them headed outside for a while before lunchtime. Looks like Sam was having fun, doesn't it?! :-)

Bike!

1 comment:

mindy said...

Love this picture of Sam! We've been getting a lot of bird activity in our yard this spring, will have to keep my eyes out for a Towhee!