Monday, May 9, 2011

Blergh!

Felt a bit off today. Nothing major, just blah. I'm sure it was some combination of yesterday's run, not sleeping well, being woken up by an ear-piercing shrieking toddler at 5:30am and then not being able to go back to sleep once she finally quieted down (Seriously, what is up with that?! I really hope she is getting some teeth out of this most recent spat of night wakings and shriekings!), and the roaring wind during my run today. I set off on the powerlines once Sam went down for her nap, but I wasn't feeling super enthused so I thought I'd just turn off onto Highland Green Road, turn my brain off and let my feet keep moving forward on an easy paved/packed dirt surface instead of negotiating the Homeplace loop. I really did try to turn my brain off, but all I kept thinking was "Bloody wind! Can you stop already? I am trying to move forward here!" Can you tell I wasn't in the best of moods during my run?! :-) Ah well, 5 miles done and I felt better for it after the fact. Isn't that always the way?

~

In Sam news, last night, after bathtime, Ryan said, "Sam, can you tell Mama 'Happy Mother's Day'?" to which Sam said, "Happy!" That was good enough for me, but Ryan then said, "Sam, can you tell Mama she is pretty," to which Sam said, "pretty, pretty." Awww, so cute :-)

No comments: