Monday, May 2, 2011

Busy Busy

Normally today would be a "Sam day," but I had a bunch of things on my list that weren't quite kid friendly, so I decided to take her into daycare today. This is a bit guilt-inducing, yes, but she has finally settled into her new room and really is enjoying being there. With the nice weather, they spend a lot of time outside playing, and since "outside" is her new favorite thing, it seemed like a win-win for the day. And luckily, she did indeed have a good day with a long nap too, which is even better!

After I dropped her off, my day consisted of Target-groceries-laundry-bank-drycleaning-garden center to pick up mulch-more laundry-run/quick lunch break-rake the garden-mulch the garden-clean the windows inside and out-clean the shower-make dinner-race to the car and pick up Sam. I did at least manage to squeeze a run in between "more laundry" and "rake the garden," but then it was rush rush rush to get everything else done in time. Nothing says "day off," like racing around like a crazy woman to cross chores off the list! Phew. I'm tired!

For our run, Ryan and I took advantage of the nice day and the fact that we were both home to drive over to the Commons at lunchtime. I haven't run in the Commons for a while, as really, we have great trails only a 1/2 mile away, so it just isn't necessary to drive over to Bowdoin and back to get in a trail run these days. However, the Commons is still a favorite of mine, with nice, mellow terrain, and it was good to run there for a change. Not to mention, my legs were happy to run the flat trails after the weekend. We wandered off the main trail to hit some of the meandering single track, and took a "new to me" trail on the way back. Unfortunately, it dead-ended in a development, but we did get to splash through the mud for a bit, which was fun! We ended up with a solid 7 miles. I'll have to make a point to get back there in a few weeks, as nothing is blooming at all at this point, and historically, I've always really enjoyed the spring wildflowers in this stretch of forest, especially the ladyslippers. Don't want to miss my chance to count them again this year :-)

No comments: