Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Snow

I guess winter wasn't quite done with us yet! We woke up to about 3" of wet snow, the type that sticks to the trees and makes things look pretty, but which should melt pretty quickly as soon as the sun hits. It is still March after all, so we really can't expect for the trails to be completely clear, but the past week has been a bit of a tease. You start to see lots of bare ground and think, 'ohhh, I'll be able to get out on that singletrack soon!' Then with a small storm like we got last night, you realize, oh yeah, I guess there are a few more weeks to go. Ah well, we'll be running on dry (or muddy) trails soon enough!

Ryan and I headed out around 10:00am to run 5 miles. Nothing like a run in the snow to prepare for race day temps forecasted in the 70s :-) (Although we will get in a few runs at my parent's house over the next few days, and somehow I'm sure those runs will be warm!) We chose to run the rather boring out-and-back on the Highland Green Road via the Connector to avoid the new snow covering potential ankle-breakers on the powerlines, running along at the rather quick (for me) pace of just under 8 minute miles. 

Then it was home for a few hours of packing, organizing and running a few errands before we pick Sam up and head out! Gator Trail 50k, here we come!

No comments: