Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sharing

It's always nice to share the trails you run on with friends, and this morning was no exception. Valerie came over around 8:45 to join me on a run on our snowmobile trails. After my run out there yesterday, we figured we would give it a go, and even better, go early to take advantage of the cold overnight temps. I woke up to the cars heavily frosted over and the thermometer reading 21 degrees, so I thought we might just luck out and find the trails nice and solid. And they were! In fact, I think conditions were even better than yesterday. We both wore our screw shoes, and were able to easily run the whole loop. I did posthole off the edge of the trail once, but no harm was done. We had a grand old time chatting away as we ran along in the sunshine, discussing everything from Shakespeare to cats, running long to  DNFs, and mylar balloons in birds nests to race expectations. Just your regular run-of-the-mill trail running chatter :-) We ran a slight variation on the loop I ran yesterday, finishing up with 6.5 miles in 1:03:14. It was a great way to start the morning! Thanks Valerie!

And with that, I have only two short 3-milers on the schedule for the rest of the week. Let the taper madness begin :-)

2 comments:

Scout said...

Very happy to share your well-packed trails with you : ) ...and your very cute kitties!

mindy said...

Sounds wonderful! Glad the trails were in such great condition, too. Enjoy the taper - you are geared up for a great run!