Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Flat

This morning, instead of sitting on the couch before the rest of the house was awake, drinking my coffee, surfing the internet and watching the sun, I really should have gone for a run. It was definitely a nicer morning than afternoon today! After a 1/2 day of work, I drove home in the pouring rain, not at all enthused about going out for my planned run. This is such an ugly time of year in New England. The snow is melting, leaving behind dirty piles of snow and exposing flattened, dirty grass and trash. There is hope in the air, yes, and a yearning for spring and crocuses and buds on the trees, but we are not there yet. We have to get through this phase first. And when it is rainy and the temps are in the mid-30s, it is just seems extra gross out there. Ah yes, I was enthusiastic, all right! I thought about bagging the run, but since I only had 3 miles on the schedule, I figured I could gut it out. Like Ryan said, it's only 25ish minutes of nastiness. Get it over with. So get it over with, I did. But I felt flat. Blah. The snowmobile trail had deteriorated significantly since yesterday morning's wonderful run with Valerie. My legs felt heavy. I turned around as soon as the Garmin read 1.5 miles, not wanting to run even an extra 0.1 miles. I think my body is telling me it's looking forward to a day off tomorrow :-)

No comments: