Friday, February 25, 2011

Snowy Seven

Hurray! Sam was finally feeling good enough to go to daycare today. No fever, and a good night of sleeping. The antibiotics must finally have kicked in. Phew! Just as I was dropping her off, I got a call from Cordelia saying that with the forecasted storm rolling in, she didn't think it was worth it to go up and open the gallery today. Fine by me! I can check email and phone messages from home, and let's face it - who would be out in today's weather looking to buy a painting? I mean, I guess you never know, but it's unlikely.

Since we were already at daycare, I decided to let Sam stay and hang with her friends for a few hours while I went home and ran and did a few work things and got some stuff done. Then I would pick her up around lunchtime and we would be home before the storm got too bad. The snow had already started to fall   by the time I got home, so I did a few things around the house and was getting ready to head out for my run when Ryan piped up that he was hoping to get out there too, before things got too bad. His plan was for a longer run that mine, but we could at least keep each other company for a few miles. Cool!

We headed out across the street to the snowmobile trail. The wind was whipping the snow right into our faces, which wasn't entirely pleasant, but otherwise, it was nice to be out. Temps were hovering right around freezing and the snow that had fallen was nice and tacky, making for a good running surface. We ran the "new" loop out to the dump together, and when we got back to the powerlines hill near Rt. 24 at 5 miles, I headed back home while Ryan went out again on the snowmobile trails to get in some more miles. It was nice to have some company for a few miles! I felt great the whole way, and the 7 miles was a good, strong way to end the week.

No comments: