Monday, February 7, 2011

Bright and Sunny

As planned, yesterday afternoon we headed out for a snowshoe with Sam once she woke up from her nap. It was warm and sunny, and a beautiful afternoon. Conditions on the trails were actually pretty decent, and we had fun tromping through the woods for an hour. Sam was having a blast. On the final hill, she was babbling away and saying 'up up up' to Ryan. Very cute :-)

I love it out here!

Along the river

Through the birches
She spent the evening in a pair of new PJs. They are so cute!

Aren't these PJs awesome?!

She also decided she should rearrange the kitchen chairs before Mindy and Pete came over to watch the SuperBowl with us. Apparently, having the chairs all around the table just wasn't quite right :-)

Hmmm, this isn't quite the right configuration...

Maybe more over here...

And Gigi wanted to be sure we thought she was still cute too :-)

Hi Gigi!
Today was another bright and beautiful day. It would have been the perfect day for a long run, except that it was my "Sam" day so I only had naptime to run. Not to mention that I went to bed way way way too late, was up early, and appear to have caught a slight cold from the munchkin, meaning I was feeling very tired all day long. Needless to say, the run that I did get in was great. It was 40 degrees by the time I headed out at noon, and I didn't even need a hat. Awesome! Since I wasn't feeling super energetic, I had planned to just run the 5 mile Highland Green loop, but once I got on the powerlines, I realized I shouldn't waste such a nice day on such a boring road loop. There had been some snowmobile traffic on the trails and in the shade, things were pretty nicely packed. Of course, the sections getting hit by the sun were like mashed potatoes, but hey, can't be perfect, right?! Although I didn't have on my screwshoes, my 282s were holding up fine in the conditions, and I enjoyed a nice out-and-back on the trails. Much nicer than a road run!


1 comment:

Jamie Anderson said...

Jeez, Sam is growing fast. She's going to be dunking basketballs over Ryan in no time.