Monday, February 21, 2011

Coloring Fun

Sam is obsessed with her crayons these days. She will walk over to the desk where I keep them, and point at it, pleading for us to get her her crayons. Or she will be in her highchair, and will point intently at the desk, saying 'mi mi mi mi' and signing 'please,' as in 'Get me those crayons now! I want them! I am saying please!!' It is cute, although perhaps a bit much when she wants to color six times a day and/or just wants to eat the crayons and/or tear the paper after I've gotten things all set up... :-) She also loves putting all the crayons back in the box. And then shaking them out. And putting them away. I am not sure where she got this slightly OCD trait, but again, it is cute :-) We also tried finger painting the other night after dinner! Now that was funny, if a bit messy. Although honestly, the paint cleaned up really easily, which was pretty amazing!


Gotta get these back in the box...

Fingerpainting begins

Hmmm, what does this stuff taste like?

Abstract by Sam

More paint! More paint!

I think I'll add a bit of orange here...

Look at all these crayons!!

Concentrating

And please note the dominant use of the left hand. I think we have a lefty for sure...

2 comments:

Scout said...

I love the belly paint! But, the taking out and putting away is really good for her fine motor skills. Think of the toys they make to simulate that. She's getting multipurpose out of those inexpensive crayons! Smart little artist!

Sparkplug said...

I know, we keep saying we really don't need any true toys. Give Sam anything else - tupperware, cans of cat food, shoes, spoons, boxes, and she's happy and can entertain herself for longer than with any of her toys! :-)