Friday, February 11, 2011

Snowmobile Trail Run

Another crisp, bright and beautiful morning. I decided to take advantage of the cold temps to head out on the snowmobile trail to Lover's Lane, thinking it would be nice and firm given that I had woken up to see the thermometer reading -0.5 degrees. And it was firm, although a sled or two must have gone out in the late afternoon yesterday, churning up the softened snow, because the first mile or so I felt like I was stepping on oversized, frozen Rice Crispies. Snap, crackle, pop indeed. A bit of a strange texture underfoot. However, it was still a great surface to run on, and pretty fast too, as I was able to churn out 8:40 pace for the run, meaning I ran the 5.1 miles almost 5 minutes faster than I ran the same route on Monday! Wow. A good end of the week run for me, and I am luckily feeling much better sinus-wise too!

No comments: