Saturday, February 5, 2011

3 in 3

Sam did not sleep well last night, and therefore neither did I. She was up at 5:30 to eat, but luckily went back to bed. I did not. I was tired, sure, but we were doing our morning juggle of Danielle run, Ryan run, Danielle go to work, so I figured I might as well just stay up and get a jump start on the morning. I actually intended to head out for a short run in the dark before Sam woke back up, but temps weren't exactly enticing, so I changed my mind and sat on the couch for a while with a cup of coffee instead :-) I hoped that things might warm up a bit if I waited, but while the sun came out, temps didn't exactly soar - the thermometer was reading 3 degrees when I headed out at 7:30. For simplicity's sake, I ran my three miles around the high school loop. It was uneventful.

Today's run was supposed to be an easy 'shake the legs out' run before tomorrow's Mid Winter Classic race, but they ended up postponing the race due to the potential storm coming through tonight, and the fact that the police department wasn't comfortable with the town's ability to get the roads clear enough for 800 runners to be racing Sunday morning, especially with how narrow the roads are already. Bummer. Although I wasn't anticipating that the race was going to be fun, I was looking forward to it anyway, if that makes any sense :-) They did reschedule the race - but the new date is Sunday, February 27th, the same date as the last of Ryan's snowshoe races. I had already decided to run that race, and as the wife of the race director, I can't exactly give up my one chance for a snowshoe race this season to go run a road race :-), so I guess I won't be finding out this year if I can beat my 2009 time in the 10 Miler. Ah well. Next year...

No comments: