Friday, February 18, 2011

Schedule Synch

These days, Ryan and I don't get the chance to run together all that often. I think we've gone on maybe 3 runs together since the New Year. Between scheduling and our differing training plans, it just hasn't been in the cards. However, today, we both had an easy 5-miler on our schedules. And we were both home. So, after I dropped Sam off at daycare this morning, we snuck out on the trails together for a run down the snowmobile trail to the turn-around at Lover's Lane. How nice! The trail conditions were quite different than they were yesterday morning - with a sunny and warm day yesterday and nighttime temps that might not even have reached freezing, the trail was still firm, but with an inch or two of soft stuff on top, making things a bit tougher and slower for sure. I was definitely working a bit harder than I would have liked on a few of the uphills, but my legs had a bit more zip today, thank goodness! Definitely a good way to start out the day, and fun to have the chance to run and chat together :-)

No comments: