Sunday, June 6, 2010

Soggy

Sam slept until 7:30 this morning, which felt luxuriously late compared to 5:00 yesterday! We hung out, enjoying a lazy morning, and I made chocolate chip pancakes for us while Sam ate her breakfast. The new food we're trying this weekend is Cheerios! She can pick them up perfectly off her tray, but for some reason doesn't think to put them in her mouth. Which is odd, because she loves to put all her toys, her fingers, the cat's tails if she can brag them, and anything else that comes her way in her mouth. But actual food, like the Cheerios or pieces of banana, nope! What an odd child :-) But she would open her mouth for them, so we were able to get her to chomp on a few. Of course, some of them ended up doing this instead... :-)


Fun with Cheerios!

When she finally went down for a nap at 10:30, I got dressed and headed quickly out the door for a run in the rain. I decided to just run an easy 3 miles on the powerlines. Boy was it soggy out there! The puddles had yellow outlines from the pollen, but hopefully all this rain means the pollen will be pretty well knocked out of the air and trees and we'll all get a little relief. Despite the rain, the birds were chirping, and the pink sheep laurel looked pretty against the greenery. I was happy to feel pretty good, so I'll hope to do a longer run on the Cathance trails tomorrow.

And although they are almost a week old at this point, I can't help posting the following two images. Our friend Jamie, who is a great photographer, sent me these two adorable photos he took of Sam at the Saturday Pineland Farms Trail Festival races. So cute! Thanks Jamie!!

Having fun watching the races with Daddy

Yeah, I'm cute :-)

1 comment:

Scout said...

I love the blanket shot!