Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Evening

I am failing miserably at getting up at 5am to run. Sam seems to be feeling better, but Ryan has a sinus infection and I still have a bit of a scratchy throat and some congestion. It could be a cold, it could be allergies, but whatever it is, in combination with Sam still getting up a few times at night and Ryan coughing, and whatever else, it means that whatever extra sleep I can get in the mornings has been winning out in the ongoing battle between sleep and running.

But all is not totally lost. I did however, sneak out last night after Sam went to bed and before dinner, to run 3 miles on the powerlines. It was a beautiful evening, warm on the sand in the sun and starting to feel just a bit cool in the shade of the trees. The sheep laurel is in full bloom, the pink flowers making a nice contrast to the greenery, and the bluejays and chickadees chattered as I ran along. I got home in time to take a quick shower before Ryan finished up the chicken/apple sausages on the grill. Yum!

1 comment:

Scout said...

Your evening runs sound wonderful. I prefer later runs to earlier ones.

Hope you all feel better soon : )