Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Raspberries, Blueberries and Cheerios

I snuck in a three mile run this evening after putting Sam to bed. There was a gentle breeze blowing, the air felt crisp and dry after all the humidity of last week, and the sun was still warm on my face, even though it was 7pm. I stopped twice along the route because I just couldn't resist - there were beautiful ripe red raspberries to pick along the Highland Green Road, and the blueberries along the powerlines were wonderfully sweet. Yum! It seems mighty early for both of these fruits to be ready for picking, but hey, I won't complain. When I returned home, I felt refreshed - nothing like a good run, even if it is short and sweet, after work to make the day feel complete!

And if you're wondering about the Cheerios part of this blog post, here it is. Ryan shot this cute little movie this evening of Sam eating Cheerios after her dinner tonight. She is really getting the hang of feeding herself, and just can't get enough of them! Ronnie and Gigi have decided they like the Cheerios too, and have taken to sitting nearby like little furry vultures when Sam is eating them, as almost as many make their way onto the floor as into her mouth :-)

No comments: