Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Foggy

After taking yesterday off, I decided I should get back out running today. It didn't happen this morning, so I headed out tonight at 7pm after I put Sam to bed. It was eerily quiet out, perhaps due to the low fog and light mist. As I ran along the powerlines, the pink sheep laurel and white blossoms on the blackberry brambles shone against the greenery. I felt a bit creaky, and had a few twinges in my left ankle plus a bit of tightness in my quads, but all things considered I'd say I felt pretty good given Sunday's effort.

My plan is to take it relatively easy through next week, and then start to ramp things up again. I don't want to lose out on the nice base I've created, and since I didn't totally wreak myself with a 50k run on Sunday, I don't see any reason to totally back off on the mileage. Part of me wants to find some long race in the next month so I can go out and use the training I've logged these past months for their intended purpose, but part of me thinks I should just wait and get ready to put in a really solid effort in a fall marathon (either Maine or Stone Cat), and then get my revenge in the 50k distance at Pineland next year. We shall see.

No comments: