Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sam at 8 Months

Sam is going to be 8 months old tomorrow! Wow! Almost as much time spent out here in the real world as not :-) Crazy!

Typically there isn't an 8 month check-up but the combination of a rough Sunday night and yesterday's incredible screaming when we tried to put her for a nap, and violent coughing all the way through the nap that she finally did take in the car, made me decide to put a call in to the doctor just in case. In the end, the nurse suggested we come in, and I'm glad we did! Sam has ear infections in both ears. Poor little munchkin! But the good news is that I trusted my mommy instincts and made an appointment, and hopefully the antibiotics that she is on will clear things up and she'll be good to go!

Since they always do a weigh-in at each appointment, we ended up finding out that Sam is up to 15 lbs 7 oz. Gotta love those chubby little baby thighs :-) The funny thing is that while we think she is so big, our doctor was laughing to see her sitting up so well on the table, saying she normally doesn't see such a tiny baby sitting like Sam does. Guess she's still a little one after all!

Due to yesterday's events, I did not get a run in. And last night, I woke up with a sore throat, so I skipped running today too. Ugh. Oh well. I suppose another down week won't hurt, but I was really looking forward to getting in some longer runs this week! Maybe tomorrow...

2 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Happy...... monthday? Yeah, happy monthday Sam!

Sparkplug said...

Ha! Monthday - I like it :-)