Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday with Sam

No running today, but I'm OK with it. My hip felt good enough to have run (hurray for lots of site specific stretching!), but I was on Sam duty today, and we were so busy we didn't even have time to get in a B.O.B. run! Ryan was up and out of the house at the crack of dawn to meet up with Blaine and Erin and get over to work for the 'There's A Black Fly In My Eye' 10 miler. I wish I could either have joined them - it's a fun race - or have had the day off on a Saturday that Ryan was home so we all could have hung out together, but hey, what can you do. Instead, I had a Sam day, which isn't so bad :-)

We had lots of fun morning playtime...

Oh hi Mom!

Playing the piano

and breakfast...


I love my Cheerios! (And yes, there is one on my chin...)

Then a 2 1/2 hour nap (!!!), after which we drove over to visit with Mim, Larry, Nancy and Kristen at Susie's house. It was wonderful to sit outside in the shade of the trees, and enjoy the afternoon together. I brought a strawberry/blueberry/raspberry crisp (yum!) purchased at the farmer's market yesterday for us to enjoy, and we had a great time chatting and watching Sam play and laugh and smile for a few hours!


Happy sitting in Mim's lap

Sam was a good girl and took a nap on the way home, which meant she was nice and cheery when Daddy got home at 5:15pm! After her dinner and more playtime, it was time for bath and bed, and for Ryan and I to sit and eat dinner. I know I could have gone running after Sam went to bed, but it was just as nice to simply sit down with Ryan and catch up and relax. Despite not running, I'd say it was a pretty good day :-)

No comments: