Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cupcakes, Pancakes and a Cathance Run

This morning we hosted a small group of our Trail Monster friends for a run on the Cathance trails followed by breakfast. Jamie, Mindy, Valerie and Rick, Linda and Jerry, Katy and Chuck joined us, and it was great fun! Ryan led the group out onto the trails, and I hung out with Jerry while Sam napped. Jerry and I drank coffee, chatted and were thoroughly entertained by the cats, who were putting on quite a show while everyone was gone! Everyone returned looking pretty sweaty, but happy, and we sat around after the run, talking, watching soccer and enjoying pancakes, fruit, banana bread, bacon, parmesan bread courtesy of Jamie, and chocolate cupcakes courtesy of Mindy, plus lots and lots of coffee! Yum! What better way to start a Sunday than with friends, running, coffee and chocolate? :-) Sam was in 7th heaven with all our friends around, and had a blast. She sure is a social girl!

Later that afternoon, I headed out for my own run on the Cathance trails. Not quite the same as running with the gang, but nice nonetheless. I did the 7-mile loop, breathing in the smell of all the ferns along the trail and listening to the sound of the river. The woods were lush and green. I was happy to feel back to my normal self, and finished off the loop in 1:06:30. Even better, I had one more cupcake waiting for me at home after the run. A two cupcake day - now that makes for a good day :-)


No comments: