Friday, June 18, 2010

After the Rain

I must say, my not getting up at the crack of dawn yesterday worked in my favor. After a day of rain, the skies cleared in the late afternoon and by the time I went for my run at 7pm, it was gorgeous out! The sun was shining, the temps were the highest they got all day, the air had the wonderful after-the-rain lush, rich, fragrant smell, and there were a few puddles to stomp through on the powerlines. What's not to love? I did Ryan's 5-mile Homeplace loop and felt great. I arrived back home starved but happy, and thoroughly enjoyed my yummy sweet potato/black bean burritos for dinner :-) Hopefully I'll be able to sneak another 5 mile run in Saturday night after work as well to round out the week. Gotta get the mileage back up there!

2 comments:

Scout said...

I love the sweet potato/black bean burrito combo. I miss Granny's Burrito's in Portland where I found out about the blend.

Sparkplug said...

I know, so sad they're gone. Their burritos were so tasy!