Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday Morning Run

Sam woke up at 5:30am to eat, and after laying her back down in her crib, I quickly got dressed and had a snack so I could head out for my run while the house was quiet. But, alas, just as I was about to sneak out the door at 6am, she started to chatter and move around. So much for her going back to sleep! I knew Ryan was going to be watching her all day while I was at work, and would probably appreciate another hour or so in bed, so I took her downstairs to play for a while. She has a few "new" toys, courtesy of Morgan, and loves the piano!

Little piano player

We are also working on tummy time again, so that she can eventually get to crawling. If she's feeling like it, she will get up on all fours and rock back and forth, and look at me and smile, all proud of herself. It's very cute! She is also doing great holding her own bottle and the sippy cup.

Big girl with her sippy cup!

Amazing how much she changes almost every day now!

Around 7am, I took her back upstairs to hang out with Ryan while I went out for my run. The air was heavy, and as I ran through the low area past Highland Green Road on the powerlines, I breathed in that wonderfully fragrant aroma that a nice patch of ferns gives off. Reminded me of hiking through many a forest floor covered with them while on the AT.

Walking through the ferns along the AT near Bennington, Vermont

I listened to a pair of goldfinch singing, and noticed that the blueberry bushes and blackberry brambles are starting to bear their fruits. Yum! I did Ryan's 5-mile Homeplace loop, and felt pretty good. I'm a bit bummed that my mileage this week was so low, but such is life with a little one, especially one with a double ear infection!!, and am looking forward to ramping things up a bit this coming week! Also looking forward to seeing some of our Trail Monster friends for a run and pancakes tomorrow morning :-)

No comments: