Monday, January 19, 2015

Shuffle

Didn't sleep well last night due to kid and cats. Told Ryan to turn off the alarm when it beeped at 5:00 am and planned to sleep for another hour. Well, Gigi kept crawling on top of me and Ronnie was circling my head and licking my face. Then there was a thud from the other room. Sam had fallen halfway out of bed. Sigh. Fine! I would get up and run anyway. Without much energy and knowing that the rain and warm temps had likely done a number on the snowpack, I chose to put on my road shoes and take a short 3 mile shuffle around the block on the roads. Truly amazing how much snow had melted since I was out yesterday morning for my run. January is a fickle month. Not sure we'll be getting any snow before this coming weekend's snowshoe race, but I am sure Ryan will manage to string something together anyway!

No comments: