Sunday, January 4, 2015

Remembering

Ryan's grandfather, Ted, or Bampie as he was known to those in the family, passed away this morning, after having been in and out of the hospital and rehab over the past six weeks. Although I am glad he is no longer suffering, it is always tough to have a loved one pass. During recent years, Ted had weakened significantly, and of course the death of Phyllis this past spring was incredibly hard on him, but I will always remember that he retained his dry sense of humor and his easy smile despite it all. He was a strong, stubborn, funny, lovable man and he will be deeply missed. I am glad to have been able to spend so much time with him during the 20+ years I have known Ryan, and I will be forever thankful that Sam will have memories of her Bampie. Rest in peace, Ted, and I will think of you and Phyllis walking hand in hand somewhere up there or perhaps having a few drinks and laughing together as you look down on us.

I love this photo of Ted and his great-grandkids on his 90th birthday. 
August 2014.

No comments: