Saturday, March 29, 2014

Stomping in the Puddles

Well, there was just no avoiding the puddles, actually ;) It poured rain all night last night and continued through the morning as Sam and I did a puzzle, ate breakfast, and made pumpkin muffins, so I figured I might as well just go do my run despite the rain. Ryan was looking like he might just spend the day in front of the IPad with his cup of coffee, but he got himself suited up too. I was feeling a bit grouchy - I really want to feel 100% and energetic, but I'm not quite there yet, but it was a nice treat to be able to run with Ryan, so I tried my best to be grateful.

Normally we wouldn't be able to run the cart paths on a Saturday at 10:30 am - there would be too many people out golfing - but with all the rain, no one was going to be out on the course, so we ran right from the house onto the paths. While it is pretty much entirely flat around here, the cart paths at least have a bit of undulation to keep things interesting. There was no avoiding the water from step one. Luckily the Flites drain well :-)

Saw a red-headed woodpecker, lots of bluebirds, mockingbirds, one brown thrasher, a few turtles, and 5 egrets in the pond along the main drag.

At the moment, Ryan and I are relaxing on the couch while Mom and Dad are up at the pool no doubt freezing in the water with Samantha. Gotta love grandparents :-) Thanks guys!

No comments: