Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Ankle-Turning Fun

With no recent snow, lots of traffic and cold temps, the trails in the Commons are SOLID. There is no give. And those postholes made by people, deer and dogs? Those are serious ankle-turners. Youch! Got out late this afternoon for 5 miles on the trails. I had a bit of a better attitude about the conditions than I did on Saturday, but the conditions were pretty much the same. Hard, nay, practically impossible, for me to move quickly when I was worried I was going to turn an ankle pretty much every step. Slow goin'.

But onto more fun things... Each week in Sam's pre-school class, they focus on a different letter. They aren't going in alphabetical order; the letters have been grouped by shapes. This week is "W." They have to bring in two show and tell items for each letter. This week, Sam brought in "her" wildflower book, ie. my field guide, "Wildflowers of the White Mountains," and one of her water bottles. Well, when she was hanging out with Mom and Dad yesterday, they happened to see a female Hairy Woodpecker pecking on a tree right outside the bedroom window at K&C's. Neat. So today, when she was hanging out with them in the afternoon, they decided to draw a picture of it. Mom said they did look in one of the bird books at an image of the woodpecker and talked about the shape of the bird, but Sam did all the drawing herself. I am so proud! I love that my little kiddo likes to read field guides and can draw a woodpecker!


And doesn't she look cute with her new headband? :-)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow..impressive drawing by Sam!


Ann