Friday, March 7, 2014

Heath Loop on a Sunny Afternoon

Got out this afternoon for a run around the Heath loop. It was bright and sunny and felt so warm! Of course, it was only in the high 30s but after all this cold weather, that felt like a heat wave. Before the run, I went to get the car washed... I think everyone else had the same idea. "Hey look! It's a sunny, warm afternoon! All this white/grey/brown s*#t on my car is driving me nuts! I think I'll get the car washed." Ha. There was quite a line. But the car is looking sparkly clean and I'm no longer getting nasty salt/road stuff on my hands every time I try to open and close the trunk. Hurray.

In any event, I decided I would try the Heath loop. Ran up and over Mt. A. and then out along hole #3. The golf course hadn't been groomed in a while. Still fairly solid though, with some snowshoe tracks to follow. The snow is beginning to transform, especially in the sun. Come on, spring, I know you're out there! The trail around the Heath was in nice shape and good running. Saw a lot of tracks - turkey, deer, rabbit, possibly fox? I took the trail to the Quarry on the way back, which was not in the best shape and hadn't seen much traffic, but what the heck. I was curious to see what conditions things were in out there. Back up and over Mt. A. and home. Very nice afternoon to be out, but felt a bit tired. Hoping a good night sleep will put some pep back in my legs for tomorrow morning's 16 miles!

Mom and Dad have been up all week, and I haven't yet posted any photos. Here are a few cute ones from the week :-)

Snowshoeing in the yard with Morgan

Helping Neenie bake (creepy pig, why yes)

Cousins

Snowshoe walk with Neenie

Whee! Riding Morgan's scooter

No comments: