Friday, March 21, 2014

Beautiful Sunrise

Sam is feeling better but still coughing. I suppose it isn't too surprising that due to lack of sleep this week and all the germs no doubt floating around from her that I have managed to get sick too. I don't feel terrible, but I am sniffly and have a cough, again. This is the winter of coughs for me. I am ready for spring! To open up the windows and air out the house! To not be sick anymore! And I am really ready for vacation next week, and am looking forward to some 60 degree weather down in NC!

In any event, this has turned into a bit more of a recovery week than anticipated but what can you do. I did get out this morning for a nice 5 mile run on the Highland Green loop. I headed out at 6:00 am just as the sky was beginning to lighten. The sky was a beautiful pinky orange along the horizon as I crested the hill on the powerlines, and continued to change as I ran along. As I headed home, the sky was brighter, but there was still a misty pinky glow to the sky. Gorgeous. Wish I had had my camera. I was surprised at how solid the snow was on the powerlines. If I had had on my screwshoes I would have stuck to running them, but as it was, the pavement/dirt road seemed like a better idea. Not moving too quickly this morning, but good to get out. Glad this is a down week in terms of mileage. Only 10 and 8 on the schedule for the weekend. I think I can hack it. Even if I'm hacking ;)

No comments: