Friday, March 28, 2014

Fifth and Final Day of Antibiotics

Final day of my antibiotics today and first full day in NC. It is lovely to be someplace warm and feeling spring-like! The original plan had been for Ryan and I to run 20 miles today, but with the bronchitis, obviously that wasn't going to happen. I'm a bit bummed, as I really had hoped to take advantage of being on vacation to get in some good miles, but oh well, what can you do. Still, I couldn't let the first day of vacation go by without getting out for a short run, at least. It was warm and sunny, and I wore shorts - hurray! Ran a 5-mile loop with a bit of trail, but mostly road. Entirely flat as a pancake :-) The birds were singing, and flowers were blooming. Lots of mockingbirds, two pairs of brown thrashers, cardinals, a red-headed woodpecker, a tufted titmouse, and numerous bluebirds were among the birds seen along the way. The streets were lined with daffodils, pansies, bradford pear trees, greening grass... very nice. I kept the pace very mellow, and could definitely feel some of the junk in my lungs still, but despite not being the run I had hoped for the day, it certainly was good to be well enough to be out!

While I was out running, Ryan was in the midst of his own run - he got in a speedy 21 miles. Awesome!

Here are a few photos to share, plus a cute video of Sam swimming in the pool this afternoon. She spent a good 1:15 or maybe more in the water, loving every minute of it!

Happy swimmer!

Mom attempting to take a family portrait of us on the Pullen Park train

take #2

Silly girl

Take #4

#5

The best, but time to give up now :-)

Whee! 

Carousel ride

Boat ride!

Blooming Bradford Pear tree. Looks like spring!

Helping Neenie garden

Planting bulbs

Goofy girl

The gardeners :-)

No comments: