Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Uninspired Snowshoe

Great running day yesterday. Today? Not so much. I probably should have just hit the roads for my planned 8 miles, but not quite knowing what the weather would bring, I wasn't all that keen to be out on the roads if it really started to snow or rain. It always seems so much safer in the woods :-) So, I donned my snowshoes and headed out, hoping I could get in 6 or maybe even 7 snowshoe miles for an equal effort. Well, I managed to push myself a whole 5 miles, but that was it. I felt uninspired and slow and just not that into it. On the groomed stuff, things were a bit soft but fairly decent running. I had hoped to get out along the Heath and down to the river too, but once I got off the snowmobile/xc ski trails, the snow was heavy and icy and just sucked the life out of my legs. I turned around shortly thereafter. I took the long way home, adding in a loop around the Mt. Ararat fields, but overall just felt blah. Wish I had had a good run to follow up yesterday's 16, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Time to rest up tomorrow and hope for a better run on Friday!

No comments: