Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Perils of Being a Parent...

... you've had the theme song to "Wonder Pets" in your head during every run this week!


OK, so it could be worse, but honestly... I could do with some better running music :-)

Sometimes I wonder what goes on in my head. (Yes, Ryan wonders all the time.) Yesterday, I went out without a plan, felt great and had a good run. Today, I just didn't want to get out the door. Huh? What is up with that? Shouldn't I want to get out for a run after having had a good run yesterday? I dawdled and delayed, until I finally realized that I was delaying because I didn't want to run on the roads like I had intended. I had no concrete reason to run roads, I just thought it might be a good idea after yesterday's run and having been to see Dr. Jamie in the afternoon to work on my lower right leg. Once I decided I didn't really need to do the road run I intended, I felt much better! Plus, the sun finally started peeking through the clouds and that made me cheerier too (I could never live in Seattle! I need sunshine!). I headed across the street and ran the cart paths, including the Heath loop, to get in 7 miles total. I felt a bit creaky but not bad, and was happy to have gotten in another solid run this week. Yes, my "back to back" runs are a bit short right now, but hey, at least I'm trying :-)

No comments: