Friday, February 8, 2013

Snow Day

This morning, as just a few light flakes were falling, I was still supposed to go up to work for part of the day, so I took Sam into daycare for a 1/2 day. After a stop at the bank and at Frosty's to pick up a birthday coffee and donut for Ryan (gotta have something sweet on your birthday!), I headed home to get a run in before taking off for work.

By 8:45, which is when I finally got out, about an inch or so of snow had fallen, and although the Inov8 295s had great on the pavement and the bare ground, where there was ice hidden under the snow, it was sketchy! I ran a combination of roads and trails, and the one good thing about a snowy morning on the roads is that it was pretty quiet. I got in 4 slow miles, which actually meant I hit the mileage total (32) I had set for the week, and returned home covered in snow :-)

As I was getting out of the shower, Cordelia called and said not to bother coming in, so hurray, a snow day! I got a few things done around the house and then went to pick Sam up at lunchtime. The roads weren't bad (yet) but I'm glad we are all home safe and sound! Looks like the snow is going to continue to fall into late tomorrow afternoon, so I think tomorrow will be a snow day too. Sounds good to me!

No comments: