Sunday, February 7, 2010

Quick Afternoon Jaunt

This morning after Ryan headed to Cape Elizabeth to volunteer at the 10 miler, I loaded up Sam and all the baby accoutrement necessary for any sort of trip over a 1/2 hour, and headed to Gorham to hang out with Kristen and Morgan for a bit. The house was quiet when I arrived, except for Morgan racing around like crazy. I don't know how the big kids and Rob were sleeping through it, but they were! Morgan was very excited for a visit from 'baby Sam' as she called her, and Kristen and I drank coffee and chatted while Sam played on her mat, and Morgan flitted in and out of the room. Morgan was very cute with Sam, and I got a few good shots of them together, including this one:


Hugs from Morgan

Later in the morning, Caitlin came downstairs, and Sam took a liking to her fingers, chomping away on them. Ummm, baby drool :-)

This afternoon after we got home, Ryan and I sat on the couch, both saying we wanted to get a run in, but not really. I just wasn't feeling it. It was windy. I was tired. But I knew if I didn't get out at all, I'd be really mad at myself. So, out I went, knowing that 3 miles is better than none. And the extra two miles that I should have run today should be pretty easy to make up later this week. My long run is in the works for tomorrow - 9 miles. I sure hope this wind dies down, or it's going to be one windy run out to Simpson's Point!

No comments: