Friday, February 19, 2010

Midweek Running

Tuesday I headed out in the late afternoon, just as the first big wet snowflakes were starting to fall. I took the path of least resistance and headed across the street for a repeat of Monday's run. The snow on the powerlines and in the woods was a bit softer than the day before, but I managed to run the loop about a minute faster. Almost as soon as I stopped running, the snow stopped too. So much for the big storm we were supposed to get! What an odd winter...

Having run three days in a row, I took Wednesday as a rest day and told Ryan to make sure I got out the door Thursday morning for a run before work. Sam slept from 7:00pm until 2:00am Wednesday night, which was great, but then was up at 4:00 and 6:00, which was not so great. Ah well, it meant that I was up and ready to run at least :-) Once again, I headed across the street into Highland Green. I was planning to run 4 miles, extending our 3-mile loop by a mile on the roads and as the powerlines only had patches of snow left during my run on Tuesday, I figured my road shoes would suffice. Luckily they did fine on what snow was left along the way, and I enjoyed a nice run with warm temps and no wind.

Thursday's run put my weekly mileage at 20 already, so my plan for tomorrow's Fat Ass race up at Valerie's is to just run one 5-mile loop. Sounds like the conditions are going to be tough in the field anyway, so I think that will be plenty! Plus, that will put me home early enough to hang out with our friends Doug & Lucy, who are coming to visit from western Massachusetts, and Neal & Kendra, who are coming up from Boston for the day. I'm excited to see everyone and have them meet Sam! Should be fun :-)

No comments: