Wednesday, February 3, 2010

4, 5, 35

Monday I got out on the snowmobile trails along the powerlines for a 4 mile run. I was feeling pretty stiff from Sunday's 8 miler and a bit tired, but the trails, although icy in spots and not as consistent as they had been before the rains, were good running and it was good to work the kinks out. After the run and some good stretching, my legs were feeling better - it always amazes me how running the day after a long run can actually make your legs feel better than taking that day off!

This morning, Sam was up and smiling at 7am, so we were all up :-) Although a little extra sleep or quiet time would have been nice, being out of bed early meant Ryan was up for indulging my desire to go out for a birthday breakfast. We headed to our favorite breakfast spot, Broadway Deli, and enjoyed our pancakes and coffee while Sam sat on the table in her BebePod and smiled at the other customers and the waitresses :-)


Why can't I have some of those pancakes?!

The rest of the day was spent hanging out with Sam, and during her last nap at 3pm, I finally headed out for my run. I wasn't going to run 35 miles to celebrate the day, and wanted to run more than just 35 minutes, so I stuck with my "plan" and went back out on the snowmobile trails for today's 5 miler. I felt pretty good and ran the out-and-back at a pretty good clip (for me), despite having to tiptoe across some of the icy spots, now covered with a thin dusting of snow, on a few of the hills. The sun was starting to sink in the sky as I headed home, it was warm (for February) and the birds were chirping. I couldn't help but smile. I had had a yummy breakfast with my hubby and cute kiddo, was out for a trail run on a beautiful day, had talked to many of my family and friends, and was planning to send Ryan out to pick me up some ice cream after Sam went to bed later. What more could I want for my birthday? :-)

4 comments:

Ann said...

Happy Birthday Danielle!

Ann

pathfinder said...

Happy birthday!!

Jamie Anderson said...

Glad it was a great birthday! Mmmmmmm, pancakes.

Sparkplug said...

Thanks guys!