Friday, February 5, 2010

Morning Three

After I fed Sam at 6:45am this morning, I got up and dressed for a short run. Since all my miles this week have been in my screw shoes on icy, snowy, uneven trails, I thought I'd break out the road shoes today and get in an easy, flat road run for a change. When I started out, I noticed two things: 1) it was colder than I thought and I wasn't quite dressed warmly enough! Brrrr! and 2) I felt like I was running on air! All the cushioning in my Asics was quite noticeable after my other runs this week in the minimalist Inov-8s. I headed down the Connector and into Highland Green. I felt like I was dragging the whole way, but when I got back and looked at the numbers on the Garmin, it appears I wasn't dragging, instead I was running 8:35 pace. As Ryan always says, I have no sense of pace, and didn't look at my watch while running, so I guess that's why it felt hard. Well, I'll take that sort of dragging feeling over real dragging any day!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Looking for the 'like'