Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Til We Meet In Hell & 2000 Miles

Sunday was the annual Trail Monster run and end of the season party. Val always does a great job putting this event together and it is always lots of fun to catch up with everyone! Sam slept over at Anne's on Saturday night, so of course, in typical fashion we spent Saturday night on the couch watching Western States movies 😂  and then on Sunday morning, she went on to Thistle's birthday party from there, so Ryan and I were both able to join in on the run, which was great! The run didn't start until 10:00 am so I was even able to enjoy a quiet morning drinking coffee in front of the Christmas tree. ahhh.



I took things nice and mellow during the run, and after catching up with people on the walk up to the start at the top of the hill at Thorncrag, ran my loops with Jasmine. She is such fun, it was great to chat away the loops with her! Variable conditions but a lot more snow than we have here! Got in 5 loops which was perfectly fine with me and then it was onto Guthrie's for food and festivities! A perfect Sunday morning with friends! (6.2 miles)

I also managed to surpass 2,000 miles for the year during Sunday's run. Woohoo! Last year it took me until the last day of the year to hit 2,000 so this means I have three more weeks to keep adding on the miles.

Top 3 goals for 2018. 
#1 and #2 achieved, and hey, I even got into Western States, so even better 😎
#3 did not happen due to too much puking 😮, but oh well, such is life!

Monday was a day off and then this morning, I decided it was better to sleep in than go out into the 5 degree weather 😏 Thankfully, I was able to leave work a bit early though and managed to get in a few miles before Sam got off the bus for swim practice. Moderate temperatures and daylight made for a nice run, and I found muted skies, encased frozen pancakes along the river and variable trail conditions as I ran along. (5.2 miles)







No comments: