Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve Fun! 🎄

We had a lovely Christmas Eve, with time spent baking and running and walking and playing games and eating what is most certainly a very traditional meal of Indian food and gingerbread cake 😂😋

Sam has been getting up early so I started in on the baking around 7:00 am and managed to knock off the banana bread, pumpkin pie and gingerbread all before 8:00! Then I just had to wait around to get them out of the oven 😉 before I headed out for my run. Ryan was too comfortable on the couch drinking coffee to join me, so I headed back out to the Cathance by myself. It was a beautiful bright and cold morning, and although I pretty much ran the same trails as Sunday, I was greeted with new views including ice pancakes and several flooded frozen bog bridges. I really do love that 💗 (6.0 miles)







It was so lovely that I ran home thinking, I'm going to walk in the door and say, "Who wants to go see a roaring river and ice pancakes?!" and everyone is going to shout "Yes!!dx" Of cy7ourse, when I got home, Mom and Dad were out picking up a few final stocking stuffers and Ryan and Sam were playing Catopoly 😂 but after lunch, everyone did nicely agree to my desire for a family walk in the woods! Thankfully i have a very agreeable family, and my parents are good sports even if they semi-froze out there!😀😆 (1.6 miles walked)


Cool lichen

Looked like a mini forest atop a stump


Lots of hoar frost to have fun with!


Frozen waterfall

Roaring river

💕

Late afternoon glow


Ice pancakes!



Pretty sky

Frozen vernal pool

Then it was home to drink some tea and thaw out before we had dinner and got all the presents under the Christmas tree. Sam may not believe in Santa but she still loves presents and wants to help with the whole process! 💗🎅



No comments: