Friday, December 21, 2018

Midweek Running

It snowed on Monday so Tuesday morning's run featured several inches of snow, lots of turkey tracks and a cold wind that was pushing out the storm. Variable conditions to say the least but there had been some fat tire tracks along the cart paths and the back dirt road and the road to the top of Mt. A. had seen vehicle traffic which made for some decent running. Ran around the Heath, but it was too dark to see anything. (5.0 miles)

Wednesday morning I decided to run down to the river and back. It was a cold, calm, quiet morning. Lots of animal tracks, the river bubbling away, and a sunrise glow on the horizon in the final mile as I headed back home. The photos don't do it justice. So pretty. (5.6 miles)

The sky was just lightening as I ran back by the Heath



Sunrise glow along the powerlines

Thursday, I didn't quite have the umph to get out of bed at 4:15 for the third day in a row, so I settled for a bit more sleep and some laps around the indoor track in the late afternoon during swim practice. (5.1 miles)

It's supposed to rain all day today and I have a ton to get done before my parents arrive this afternoon so today is a day off and will be filled with me running around like a crazy person! 😁😂

No comments: