Sunday, December 2, 2018

3.4%!!!!

I wanted to run on Saturday because it was just so nice out, but I also wanted to be able to join in on the TMR Old School Group Run on Sunday, so I figured since I ran 50 miles less than two weeks ago, a day off on Saturday would probably be the right call, whether I liked it or not 😉😆 So, Sam and I had a chill morning while Ryan took off to run to the Y for Sam's swim meet, and then headed up around 10:15. I got settled in our typical spot outside the picture window, and then it was just hurry up and wait for the Western States lottery to start!

Perfect place to watch the WS lottery!

With only two tickets, my chances stood at 3.4%, but like I said to Ryan, someone has to be part of that 3.4%!! I am an eternal optimist so I was not giving up hope, even if I had already sketched out my plan B should my name not be drawn 😂😃 So, the meet started and in between watching Sam, I was closely watching the lottery. No one I recognized was drawn and I got distracted being a good parent and watching Sam swim, you know, the actual reason we were there 😇😅, so I somehow missed seeing that MY.NAME.WAS.DRAWN!

#seeyouinsquaw

Ryan's phone starting dinging with people saying I had gotten in so we looked at the list, and sure enough. Holy sh*t!!! I was totally shaking as I looked at the screen. I couldn't believe it! WOW! I was totally shocked! Crazy crazy crazy 😮😳😬😍 I was equally parts excited and terrified!

That added a lot of excitement to the swim meet to say the least and amidst a bunch of messages with friends and family, it sunk in. Well, there was no turning back now. WESTERN STATES! Holy sh*t indeed!!!

Sam had a great meet, swimming really well in four events, including the 100 meter freestyle, her first time swimming a distance event. It was fun to watch! Irene and Dana had come up to watch too and then after the meet, which was mercifully short and sweet, Sam went down to MA with them to help them decorate their Xmas tree, a tradition the past few years, as we've typically been down there for the Fells race.

Sam was the last leg in a relay that was quite a bit slower than the other two teams, but she had a good swim personally!

That meant Ryan and I had a lovely night to ourselves and we headed to my favorite spot in town, Frontier, for celebratory drinks and dinner. After all, it's not often you get into Western States! 💜

#datenight

So, now that I know my goal race for 2019, it's time to come up with a training plan and a few training races for the spring. All sorts of excitement!!! 😎

This morning we woke up to pouring rain, as was predicted, and Ryan's legs were feeling a bit fried from yesterday's 20 on the roads so he opted to stay home and run a shorter run at his own pace while I set off to Brad for the TMR Old School Group Run. I haven't been able to join in on any of the prior renditions the past few months, so I was glad to join in today! It was a merry little group that set off into the rain and we had a sloppy fun time running and chatting the miles away! Thanks everyone! (6.7 miles)










No comments: